Friday, August 26, 2011

Since You Been Gone-A Reflection

It's hard to believe that on November 3rd it will have been 3 years since you left. Each year that passes I wonder why I do not remember your voice or ponder would I remember what you look like if I didn't have a photo.
Your passing was a great loss for those who you left behind but your legacy LIVES on.

Oh the things that you have missed in person but not in spirit. As a young teen, I knew your life would be short but powerful. There is no one like you and there never will be.

Your strength to endure is legendary and is one that I can only hope that I have inherited half of.

The memories of your last days bring both joy and sorrow to my heart. The joy in the fact that on October 28, you were able to say one first and final time the message you so wanted to give to Matt or that you asked for chocolate after coming out of a 6 hour surgery to repair your hip and femur. The sorrow in the fact that your body each day showed signs of failure and the last time we spoke, I fussed over the fact that you were not eating.

Mom, thank you again for all that you did during my life and continue to do in spirit. I know that I am truly your daughter and that your TOUGHNESS AND TENDERNESS lives within my spirit. I do hope that when I am called home you are waiting for me at the end of light to show the way.

                                               My mom and I coming home for the 1st time.

No comments:

Post a Comment