Friday, August 26, 2011

The Purpose of Dams (A Tribute to 60 year old in Heaven)

If you have ever seen the Hoover Dam you know that it is a beautiful man made work of art. During its construction, thousands of lives we lost to improve the future lives of millions. Its wonder reminds me why we sometimes run into "dams" during our highs and lows of life. Dams serve one main function: to get your attention to something that needs your attention. These dams can have a positive or negative force on your life, depending on how you view.


When I reflect on my mother's dams I realize their purpose and affect on my life today. My mother's dam were in the following forms:


Bi-Polar Disorder
Diabetes
Heart Disease
Neuropathy
Renal Failure
High Blood Pressure
Death of a sibling when she was young
Premature Death of a sibling
Cataracts
Benign Cysts
Kidney Transplant
Dialysis
Ruptured gallbladder
Shattered Hip



Her "Dams" for most would be too much to bear, but my mother toughed it out for 57 years until she was called home. As a result, her "Dams" taught me that you must HANG TOUGH regardless of what is placed in front of you, that life is not fair and we must get over it, you can overcome any adversity if you just add TRY to your vocabulary, and that you must cherish and protect your health and always remember when you times up its up.


As I reflect on this day, a week before what would have been my mother's 60th birthday (Feb 10), I thank God for providing me with a mother despite her very challenging "Dams" was able to raise two healthy and responsible adults and always tried her best. Although we won't be eating chocolate cake and going out to Red Lobster on the 10th I know that you are strutting your new body in heaven. For this I dedicate my third oil painting in her memory.


Moral of the Story: You and God are in control of your future. God just needs you to do what you are suppose to do so that he can send you your blessings. Don't short change your blessings because you have BAD HABITS that you are reluctant to purge.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment