Friday, August 26, 2011

Departed Free Spirit

Departed
Dedicated. My mother was a dedicated mother who despite a troublesome mental illness and numerous physical ailments, always thought of her children and raised two souls who have spirits of lions.

Empathic. My mother’s illness taught me the true meaning of empathy. As difficult as it was for me to truly understand what she was going through, I learned that empathy and compassion is a must when dealing with the sick.

Passionate. Although my mom was sick for most of my life she had a passion for life during her time here. She loved to crochet and did so on most days. If you were one of lucky ones you received one her beautiful afghans or crosses.

Argumentative. My mom was one of the best arguer whoever lived. If you crossed her you would hear about it.

Renal. My mother’s renal failure showed me that miracles truly do exist. Total my mother lived on dialysis for almost 15 years. At times, she went through tremendous pain and had to endure things that we can only imagine.

Temperamental. What can I say? When your mother is an extreme bi-polar, you are often introduced to some very comical sides of her. Have I ever told you about the time she thought she was pregnant (NOT!!!) or when she was the Bride of Jesus.

Endure. My mother endured a lifetime of roadblocks but did so without regret. She took the challenges in her life and accepted them for what they were and placed her concerns to God.

Demand. At times my mother could be demanding but she had a right too. When you are tied to a dialysis machine three times a week, suffer for heart disease, diabetes, mental illness, and numerous other ailments you have earned the right.

Free
Friendship. Over my lifetime my mother was my friend. She cheered me when I need to be cheered, scolded me when I needed to be scolded, and always encouraged me to let the TEARS FLOW.

Restless. This describes her trapped being. My mother’s illness prevented her from achieving her true greatness, but in death she did so in her legacy.

Emotional. Like myself my mother was an emotional person who could cry like a baby and spit fire like a dragon.

Elephants. My mother loved elephants and you would often find little elephant mementos in her home. She gave me one giant one for my apartment when I first moved out, but with all artifacts they do break.

Spirit
Sacrifice. I have always believed that my mother made some tremendous sacrifices in her life including the one of not letting go long before November 3, 2007 so that her children could learn the vital skills that made them who they are today. Thanks mom for holding on for 57 years.

Pain. My mother had the pain threshold of a whale who has been hit by a cruise liner. I have never seen one human being endure so much physical and mental pain over such a short period of time. Luckily she has passed this threshold down to me as well.

Intelligent. What can I say she had a very intelligent soul. My mother loved to read and talk about current events. I wonder if her physical or mental ailments didn’t throw a wrench at her what she could have become. I am sure she is fulfilling that prophecy in Heaven.

Red. My mother loved the color red. A color for her fiery spirit and I will always cherish the red heart rug that she made for me that now lives on my kitchen floor.
Important. My mother was one half a wonderful couple to my creation. Thank God she followed my father to Ohio otherwise I wouldn’t be here.

Time. My mother’s life on Earth was short. After complications of a hip fracture, my mother took her last breath on November 3, 2007. I must say the night before when I saw my mother before she died I saw a very frightened soul, who was trapped between here and Heaven, but when I saw her that Saturday morning I saw a face of an Angel and I could tell that the now walks with Jesus. Thank you mom for all that you did and continue to do in my life. Although I can no longer remember your voice, I remember your spirit and I know that we will see each other again. You just have to wait another 66 years because I plan on living till 100.

No comments:

Post a Comment