Monday, October 9, 2017

10 Weeks of Reflection of My Mother's Death (10 Year Anniversary). Week 6-Forgiveness for Disappointments


Before and my mother's death I learned a great lesson: I have difficulty forgiving those who disappointed me during the most challenging period of my life. Although there have been many disappointments since my mother's death at the hands of others those that occurred during that 30-period between her fall and death hurt the most. There are times when I think I should write those who caused the additional "daggers of pain" a letter or call them and tell them how I feel. Then I remember forgiveness is not for the offender but for the offended. 

The only way to heal from hurt is to pray that we can forgive those, basically, let it go. This secretly has been difficult for me with some not all. Thankfully during that same year, a great friend fell deathly ill, and I was able to forgive them and be there for them in one of their more difficult times in their life. 

As givers, we always give, often at the expense of our health, but there comes a time when we must learn that as humans we are flawed. And we all disappoint many during our lifetime. 

I do hope that when the next difficult times in my life occur,  those that disappointment take another chance to for me to forgive both them and myself. For now, I will forgive myself for having a deep anger over not having those who I needed around fully when my mother was dying. Death is difficult for all of us but in death we need our friends and family to take that edge off of the grief we will feel. 

As am still grieving for my mother, I am thankful I have a few great souls in my life who still check in and understand this. For I am not only a motherless daughter but a woman who has chosen to not bear children during her lifetime. Both make holidays and mother's day painful. 

1 comment:

  1. My husband was diagnosed with early onset Parkinson's disease at 57.his symptoms were shuffling of feet,slurred speech, low volume speech, degradation of hand writing, horrible driving skills, right arm held at 45 degree angle, things were tough for me, but now he finally free from the disease with the help of total cure from ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC, he now walks properly and all symptoms has reversed, he had trouble with balance especially at night, getting into the shower and exiting it is difficult,getting into bed is also another thing he finds impossible.we had to find a better solution for his condition which has really helped him a lot,the biggest helped we had was ultimate life clinic they walked us through the proper steps,am highly recommended this www.ultimatelifeclinic.com to anyone who needs help.

    ReplyDelete