Wednesday, October 18, 2017

10 Weeks of Reflection of My Mother's Death (10 Year Anniversary). Week 7-What You Have Missed


As I watched the video above, I am reminded that there are millions of people who lost their mother long before they should have. It is truly amazing how much my mother missed after she died. Here is a running list of some of the events I wish I could have shared with her: 

2008-My first new car and my Masters graduation. I owed her this one since I decided to skip my Bachelor's graduation. It was also the year I went back to a natural hairstyle. The election of Obama!! She was robbed! 

2009-Finding Dad near death and his PD diagnosis. 

2010-Taking her out for her 60th Birthday, Red Lobster style!  

2011-2016-Her support during my PhD program. I most definitely would have been less stressed. 

2013-My frozen shoulder diagnosis. I sure could have used my mom during this time. 

2014-My cancer scare after my 2nd Mammogram and subsequent biopsy. 

2015-Celebrating her 65th Birthday!! She would have a huge party for sure! 

2016-My PhD graduation 

2017-My GERD diagnosis. She probably would have caught this long before it started. 

Most importantly, she missed my transition from young adult years into my middle-aged years. I have so many questions about this time of life, that she certainly would have guided me through. Over the past 10 years, I have thought about that phrase: "It's Never Goodbye". I am believe and I believe this but in the land of the living it truly is. I know longer can hear my mother's voice, smell her scent nor get a huge when life gets hard. But what she did leave me with are beautiful memories and reminders that her strength resides in those left behind. 

Now in the next edition I will talk about her her dying wish.

1 comment:

  1. My husband was diagnosed with early onset Parkinson's disease at 57.his symptoms were shuffling of feet,slurred speech, low volume speech, degradation of hand writing, horrible driving skills, right arm held at 45 degree angle, things were tough for me, but now he finally free from the disease with the help of total cure from ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC, he now walks properly and all symptoms has reversed, he had trouble with balance especially at night, getting into the shower and exiting it is difficult,getting into bed is also another thing he finds impossible.we had to find a better solution for his condition which has really helped him a lot,the biggest helped we had was ultimate life clinic they walked us through the proper steps,am highly recommended this www.ultimatelifeclinic.com to anyone who needs help.

    ReplyDelete