Monday, October 23, 2017

10 Weeks of Reflection of My Mother's Death (10 Year Anniversary). Week 8-A Marriage Proposal



On October 28, 2007 (my brother's birthday), my filled one of her last requests before her death on November 3, comical one at that! The last time she saw my Sweetie she gave him a deathbed message that we will remember for a lifetime: She told him that it was time for him to marry me! Ironically, my niece, Quira told us that we should get married in December. Now you would have to ask me to tell you in person how it was said. Now 10 years later we are not married but still together. I often get the following questions from friends, family, and total strangers: 

  • Are you going to move near him? 
  • When are you guys going to get married? 
  • Are you going to have children? 
Really it amazing how uncomfortable people are with a woman who is childless and has never been married when they are 44 years of age. It is really no one's business. I and he are quite HAPPY! We have been together for 13 years and have made our relationship work. We probably talk more than most married couples do! It remains to be seen if we get married, but if or when we do only a few will know about the ceremony. I am not a fan of big affairs and much rather have intimate affair with very close family and friends. 

My mother definitely knew that he was the one. She wrote him a letter shortly after we started dating in 2004 and it basically stated how happy she was that he was dating me and that she hoped we be together for a long time. 

More to come on this one! 


No comments:

Post a Comment