Monday, September 11, 2017

10 Weeks of Reflection of My Mother's Death (10 Year Anniversary). Week 2 "The Storm is Over Now"


Kirk Franklin's Song "The Storm is Over Now" is a very fitting song to the end of my mother's life. For 34 years, since my birth, my struggled with mental illness while raising her children and about 20 years into being a mother she had to face both mental and physical illness. 

The last decade of my mother's life or at least the last 15 were filled with many trips to the ER, stays in the hospital, and major surgeries that potentially could have taken her life well before November 3, 2007. 

This song is reflective of what both my mother and I felt after her death. In death my mother was released from the pain of chronic illness. For me I was released (temporarily until my father's PD diagnosis) for worry about her. 

There was not a day when I was consciously aware of what was going that I worried deeply about my mother. At young age, I resolved myself to realize that she probably would not live past 60. She made it 57. 

In addition, I still listen to this song when I am going through the "storms of life" that come and when I overcome them as well. 

Although it has almost been 10 years without her physically being her, I am thankful that she is no longer in pain. And I know when the time comes, she will come to greet my Dad, brother and I make our transition into the next phase after death. 

For now, I will live out her legacy in helping others get through their storms by seeing the strength that lives within them. 

1 comment:

  1. My husband was diagnosed with early onset Parkinson's disease at 57.his symptoms were shuffling of feet,slurred speech, low volume speech, degradation of hand writing, horrible driving skills, right arm held at 45 degree angle, things were tough for me, but now he finally free from the disease with the help of total cure from ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC, he now walks properly and all symptoms has reversed, he had trouble with balance especially at night, getting into the shower and exiting it is difficult,getting into bed is also another thing he finds impossible.we had to find a better solution for his condition which has really helped him a lot,the biggest helped we had was ultimate life clinic they walked us through the proper steps,am highly recommended this www.ultimatelifeclinic.com to anyone who needs help.

    ReplyDelete