Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Things Not Seen: Part 1-A Reflection of the Beginning of a Loss


Today is the anniversary of the “beginning of the end” for my mother, Christiner W. Crosby, who on October 3, 2007 fell and shattered her right femur and hip while in the hospital. That day set in motion 30 days of me preparing to lose someone who you deeply loved. For the next 30 days, I will write about the things my mother missed. The first is quite painfully because I selfishly denied her the opportunity to see it in December 1995. I completed my Bachelor’s degree in the summer of 1995 and chose not to walk in the December commencement. My mother was very upset but I assured her that she would see me walk when I got my Masters. That never happened because she died six months before I completed my Masters degree. If I could go back and change that moment, I would.

Now I can only reflect on what could have been. If my mother were present for all three of my graduations: Bachelors, Masters, and PhD, she would have probably put out a full page add on Facebook to share her joy. I remember fondly when I entered Kutztown we were living at the Pike motel and I wasn’t sure if I should go to college. My mother encouraged me to go and get my education regardless of our families situation of having to live in transitional housing and not having a home. I am thankful that she did. Because of her and my father, I am a well educated woman who working in a field that I love: Early Childhood Education and I have had the opportunity to change the lives of children through helping my students become great teachers.

That said I will forever live with the pain of being selfish.

1 comment:



  1. My husband was diagnosed with early onset Parkinson's disease at 57.his symptoms were shuffling of feet,slurred speech, low volume speech, degradation of hand writing, horrible driving skills, right arm held at 45 degree angle, things were tough for me, but now he finally free from the disease with the help of total cure from ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC, he now walks properly and all symptoms has reversed, he had trouble with balance especially at night, getting into the shower and exiting it is difficult,getting into bed is also another thing he finds impossible.we had to find a better solution for his condition which has really helped him a lot,the biggest helped we had was ultimate life clinic they walked us through the proper steps,am highly recommended this www.ultimatelifeclinic.com to anyone who needs help.

    ReplyDelete