Thursday, November 1, 2012

Thank You, Mom for Your Presence in My Life



You never really know how much someone affected your life until they are gone! My mother was a "Force of Nature", a hurricane in my life. During my childhood she keep me safe, taught me to love learning and reading, and helped me understand the importance for fighting for the underdog. For someone with so many troubles (physical and mental illnesses) she was still able to raise a child who stayed away from the things that derail us from our true greatness. Without her guidance, I would NOT be the woman I am today. 

Even in adulthood when we often engaged in some heated battles due to differences in opinion, we still managed to love one another and have deep respect for each other. I never knew of my mother's fears surrounding her children until her death and because of her strength and guidance, I ultimately debunked those fears. 

I am so thankful that she was who she was so I could become who I needed to be. I can only hope that she is smiling from above with great joy! 

Thanks Mom, although we were only together for 34 years, we most certainly packed memories in that will last a lifetime. I will never forget your bi-polar antics and nights we stayed up late talking. You were and always will be my source of strength and for that, I thank you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment