Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Since You Have Been Gone-8 Mother's Days without Mom-A Tribute

As Mother's Day approaches, I am always very reflective of the time I spent with my mother before her death on November 3, 2007. This year I have chosen to write about all the things I could not share with her that occurred during the past 8 years following her death. So here we go: 


2008-Year 1: I purchased my first brand new car, a 2009 Toyota Corolla. A sweet ride that I suspect if you were here I would have given you many rides in it! I also walked in my Masters Graduation. See I promised I would. 

2009-Year 2: Found Dad near death, he was diagnosised with Parkinson's and had to go into a nursing home. I suspect if you were still here we would be roomates. 

2010-Year 3: The year I decided to make huge change in my career. I suspect that you would have encouraged me to do so!!! 

2011-Year 4: I became a college professor and began my PhD program. Of course, I suspect you would have been my biggest cheerleader!!!! 

2012-Year 5: Cool sailing. First time in longtime I did feel I was in a state of chronic stress. 

2013-Year 6: Frozen Shoulder. Help MOM!!! I am sure you would have nursed me back to health and crocheted something to make me feel better. 

2014-Year 7: Cancer scare-Breast Tumor. If you were here I suspect I would have NEVER had meltdown about it and would have not developed the anxiety I have had since then about it. 

2015-Year 8: Hopefully I will become Dr. Cherie Laverne Crosby (early 2016 at the latest). I suspect if you were here this would have warranted you to make me the FAMOUS aftgan that you made for many but never had the opportunity to make me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment