Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Cover Me-A Daughter's Reflection of Dark Time (The Loss of her Mother)


October 3rd through November 3rd was one of many but probably the darkest time in my life. It is the period in my life that I watch my mother quickly slip away and leave this world after a fall which resulted in hip and femur fracture.

Reflecting back, I remember one thing that I did during this time. I prayed for peace (death) for my mother. Her pain during this time was one that no human being should have to endure after a lifetime of pain. In my heart, I knew this would be the best thing for her and it did not really matter how those that would be left behind for she left us with a great legacy. One that reminds us, that within us great strength lies and death is something not to fear.

As I no long remember her voice and smell, I certainty know that she is at peace. For the last time I saw her I saw a woman who looked liked an angel.

As the Kirk Franklin Song "The Storm is Over" says... "No more cloudy days, they are all gone.....no more sickness in my body... the storm is over now".


I will be forever grateful for my mother's love and guidance because she and her trials and tribulations have a lot to do with who I am as woman!

No comments:

Post a Comment